Automated Campaign Overview
How to create an automated email campaign
Are you tired of wasting a huge amount of time creating and sending emails to your potential clients? Have you ever been dreaming of automating the email marketing process? If yes, we have very good news for you! Meet our new Automation feature that will do it for you. With this great feature, you can design your own email sequences and send campaigns to your users at the right time.
In DirectIQ there are different types of automated campaigns. For example, Welcome, Date-Based, Recurring, etc. Depending on your goals, you can create a campaign with one email or send a whole series of emails at a specific time interval. It is also possible to resend the same email and much more.
Follow these easy steps to set up your automation:
Go to Campaigns -> Create Automated Campaign or go to Campaign -> Campaigns List and click New -> Automated Campaign in the top right corner.
Then select the type of automation.
2. Click on the button with the selected automation type and fill in the automation requirements.
3. Select campaign recipients. Please, read more about How To Set Up Campaign Recipients.
The default language of the campaign is English. You can change it to one of five other languages, available in the system, in this step. To do this select the language you want to use at the bottom of the dialog.
4. Next, you need to set the sender's address and name. You can select an address from the drop-down list, which contains a list of all your verified senders or enter a new address. In the second case, the new address will need to be verified before you can continue. Read more about How To Manage Email Sender Addresses.
5. To select the email template click on the rectangle on the left side of the dialog box. If you want to send a sequence of more than 2 emails, add the next one by clicking Add Template #N.
Then hover over the template you want and click Choose.
A sketch of the template will appear instead of an empty rectangle. You can change the template by clicking on its image and selecting a new one.
In this step, you need also to fill in Subject Line. Optionally write preheader.
6. In the end, you need to set up a date and time when the campaign will be sent. If necessary, you can send it immediately after it is created. You also need to choose after how many days emails from a series will be sent and days of the week and the time at which emails can be sent. It is also possible to add Google Analytics link tracking.
After all the steps have been completed, check the information you entered. If necessary, you can change it by clicking the change button on the right next to the required step. If all the data is correct, finish creating the campaign by clicking You're Good to Go! Start Your Campaign.
You can stop after any step and save the campaign as a draft to finish later by clicking Finish Later (Save as Draft) at the bottom left corner.
Did this answer your question?