Sending a welcome message to subscribers after they sign up for your mailing list is one of the best ways to engage and inform new readers. Activate the auto-responder for your list, and use our email templates to set up a great email introduction!
- In the My Lists page, locate the list where you'll be adding the Welcome Responder, and click the Auto (Gear) icon.
- Under Set Welcome Responder, set up the email your new subscribers will receive and click Create.
- Sender ID: Linked to your account, this is the email address that your email recipients will see as the sender.
- Email Template: The contents of your template library will appear in this drop-down menu, select the Welcome Responder template you created for new subscribers. See also Creating Templates.
- Subject Line: This line will automatically be populated from the subject line in the template you select, and can be edited or replaced entirely for your welcome responder.
- Double Opt-In: As a best practice, double opt-in for new subscribers is encouraged, and can be selected via this checkbox. New subscribers will be added as Passive contacts, and will only be considered Active and able to receive email once they click the Opt-In link included in the welcome responder template.