Microsoft Excel (XLS, XLSX) and Text (CSV, TXT) file formats are widely accepted standards for email marketing lists, and are utilized across countless email industry applications. If you maintain your email list locally, or have a downloaded copy, transfer the full list into DirectIQ to manage and access its full potential.
NOTE: Before uploading, verify that your file has the format and information necessary for maximum effectiveness.
- In the Contact Lists tab, click Create a List.
- Under Select the way you want to create your contact list, click Upload File.
- In Upload Your List, click Browse Files.
- Select the desired email list on your computer. A brief progress box will appear before completing and loading the next step.
- In Step 2, match the columns to the data they contain using the column drop-down menus marked Please select at the top and a random selection of rows from your list as reference.
- Default selections available for your primary columns are Email, First Name, Last Name, Gender, Birth Date, and City.
- To create a new field name for the column, click the column menu and select Add New Field. In the Name your new field window, enter the new name and click Add.
- To specify columns that should not be included in the final list by clicking the column menu and select Ignore This Field.
- Save as a New List: Enter the name of the new list, and click Save To New >.
- Add to an Existing List: Select an existing list from the drop-down options, and click Save To Existing >.
NOTE: During the upload process, all duplicate and invalid email addresses (such as those containing typos and syntax errors) are automatically eliminated. To see a list of the eliminated addresses, click the Invalid Contacts links in the confirmation text at the top of the page.