The My Lists page provides an easily accessible library of the email lists associated with your DirectIQ account, with links to the functions that allow you to act on your lists individually or together from this page. Either select the check box that starts each row to enable the function buttons for that list, or click the links in each row to act on them directly.
This page includes:
- Managing Contacts by List
- Renaming Lists
- Setting Auto-Replies / Welcome Responders
- Subscription Forms
- Downloading Lists
- Deleting Lists
- Creating New Lists
- Sanitizing Lists
- Combining Lists
- Boosting Lists
In the List Name column, the assigned name appears in a link that will display the contacts in the list in the Manage a List page. This page will allow you to filter, edit, delete, and view details for the existing contacts. See also Managing Individual Lists.
- Rename your list by clicking on the Rename (Pencil) icon in the list row.
- Your list name in the List Name column will reappear in a text field. Enter the updated name for your list, and click Save.
Set up an auto-responder that will automatically send a welcome message to new subscribers to a list by clicking on the Auto (Gear) icon on the list row. See also Using Welcome Responder Reply Emails.
Give email or website readers the option to join an uploaded list by using a link to the default DirectIQ subscription form, or customizing it and embedding the code under the Subscription Forms column.
- Linking to the Default Subscription Form - Either copy the link directly, or click 'Link' to preview the form in your browser and copy the URL in the address bar.
- Embedding a Customized Subscription Form - Click the Embed Code link to bring up the Subscription Form Designer that will allow you to customize the DirectIQ subscription form and associate it to your list.
See also Using Subscription Forms with Your Lists.
Download lists locally to your computer in either text or Microsoft Excel format by clicking the TXT (Download as Text File) or XLS (Download as Excel File) icons. A dialog box will appear opening your list in the specified format.
WARNING: Deleting a list will permanently erase it from your DirectIQ account, along with any changes you made to the list.
- Select one or more list(s) for deletion by using the check box in the first column of the list row, and click the Delete button at the bottom.
- Click OK at the prompt to verify that you want to delete the selected list.
- The list will disappear from your library and a large message banner will appear at the top of the page confirming that the list(s) have been deleted.
The New button adds a list to your library with the default name: New List (<date> <time>). Clicking on the new list name brings up the list options in the Manage a List page, allowing you to add and administer contacts. See also Managing Individual Lists.
If a contact unsubscribes from a mailing list, or if an email from the contact is returned as invalid or marked as spam, then the contact is marked as Passive. In addition, contacts can be individually marked as Passive. Use Sanitize to delete all passive contacts from a selected list.
WARNING: This action is permanent.
- Select one or more list(s) to sanitize by using the check box in the first column of the list row, and click the Sanitize button at the bottom.
- After processing, the list will reappear in your inventory with a '0' passive count, and a large message banner will appear at the top of the page confirming that the list(s) have been sanitized.
- Active vs Inactive Contacts
- Reviewing Your Unsubscribed Contacts
- Reviewing Hard Bounces by Contacts
If you have two or more similar lists from multiple sources or time periods, you can create a new list by selecting and merging them using the Combine button.
- Select two or more list(s) to combine by using the check box in the first column of the list row, and click the Combine button at the bottom.
- After processing, a new list will appear with the default name: COMBINED (<original list name> <original list name>). A large message banner will appear at the top of the page confirming that the selected list(s) have been combined into a new list.
The List Boost button reviews selected lists for responsive contacts, and uses those contacts to create a new BOOSTED list in your My List library. See also Creating Engaging Lists with List Boost.