Moxie Manager is used for managing template images in DirectIQ, allowing you to upload and edit image files directly into your account and use them with your email templates via our Friendly Editor or using your HTML tool of choice.
This page includes:
The top toolbar allows you to create new folders, upload images, select viewing options for your template image library.
- Creating Folders: Creates a new folder that you can name in the current directory. To change the current folder, use MyFiles in the Navigation pane.
- Uploading Files: Opens an Upload dialog box. Browse and select the files on your PC, and click Add Files or drag and drop them into the dialog box. Click Upload again to upload the files to the current folder.
- Refresh File Lists: Refreshes the file lists in the MyFiles pane to display recent changes.
- Displaying Files: View the file lists in the MyFiles pane by either lists or thumbnails.
- List View: Displays the files in a detailed list view.
- Thumbnail View: Displays the files using thumbnail images.
- Name: Sorts files by their file name in alphabetical order.
- Size: Sorts files by their file size.
- Type: Sorts files by their file type and extension, in alphabetical order.
- Modification date: Sorts files by the last time they were modified.
The folder navigation pane allows you to navigate the directory structure, and view all uploaded files by their favorite, history, or uploaded status.
- MyFiles: Starting with the default MyFiles directory, click here to view a list of your sub-directories and display the contents of the selected directory in the navigation pane.
- Favorites: Displays a linked list of images and folders added as favorites using the Add Favorite option in the Image Management menu.
- NOTE: Remove an item from the Favorites folder by right-clicking and selecting Remove Link. You will be asked if you want to delete the file. This does NOT delete the file, it just removes the link from the Favorites folder.
- History: Displays a list of recently modified files or folders by modification date.
- Uploaded: Displays a list of recently uploaded files.
Manage options come up by either selecting the image or folder and clicking the Manage menu at the top, or right-clicking on the image or folder. This menu allows you to manage the selected item by editing, viewing properties, renaming, adding to Favorites, or removing it altogether. Some options such as view can be used on multiple items by placing a check mark in the lower right corner to select them.
- Manage Menu: Select the item you want to manage and click the Manage drop-down menu in the top toolbar, or right-click the item to bring up the manage menu.
- Cut / Copy / Paste: Remove, copy, or paste the file into the current directory.
- View: Displays the selected photo in a separate viewing window. View multiple items in a slideshow by placing a check mark in the lower right corner of each item before choosing View.
- Edit: Brings up the selected item in the Moxie Image Editor. See also Image Editing.
- Rename: Change the file or folder name of the selected item.
- Download: View the item in a selected application, or download it to a specific location.
- Add Favorite: Creates a link to the selected item in your Favorites folder, which can be accessed via the left folder navigation pane. See also Folder Navigation.
- Info: Displays the URL (absolute location) and path (relative location) of the selected item.
- NOTE: This information is useful when hand coding the location of your image files rather than navigating to them using the Friendly Editor.
- Zip / Unzip: Uses the selected item to create a zip file, or unzips the contents of the selected zip file into the current directory.
- Remove / Delete: Deletes the selected items from the current folder. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to take this action.
- NOTE: This is a permanent action and cannot be undone.
Selecting Edit from the Manage menu brings up the image in the Moxie Image Editor, where you can alter or filter the image using a number of options before saving the image as a new file or to replace the existing image.
Clicking on any of the editing options in the left-side pane will display the option toolbar at the top. Make your changes with the slidebar, buttons, or text fields as needed, and click Apply.
The original toolbar will appear allowing you to save the image, revert to the original, undo a previous change, or redo a previous change.
Clicking Save gives you the option to save the image as a new file, or replace the existing file. Click Save again on the right to make your change. If you keep the file name the same, you will be prompted to confirm that you want to overwrite the existing file.