When an email message cannot be delivered, a non-delivery report/receipt (NRD) or 'Bounce Message' is typically sent to the sender. This is usually the result of an inactive or invalid email address. Because high bounce rates in email campaigns are typically associated with fraudulent activity, contacts using an email address that result in a bounce message are marked as 'Passive', and those contacts cannot be used in future campaigns until their status is updated to 'Active' in the Contact Details page.
You can proactively reduce your bounce rate by using a double opt-in for new subscribers, sending test messages to suspicious addresses, and using our list cleaning service to vet lists before they are used in campaigns. Use this report to view email addresses that have received a hard bounce and determine appropriate action.
- Search Hard Bounces: Enter the exact or partial email addresses, first name, or last name of the contact you are searching for, and click Search.
- Download as (Microsoft) Excel: Downloads the hard bounce listings in Microsoft Excel format.
- Email: The email address associated with the hard bounce listings.
- First Name: The first name associated with the hard bounce listings.
- Last Name: The last name associated with the hard bounce listings.
- Campaign: The name of the campaign associated with the email address when the hard bounce occurred.
- The date the hard bounce occurred.