When an email message cannot be delivered, a non-delivery report/receipt (NRD) or 'Bounce Message' is typically sent to the sender. This is usually the result of an inactive or invalid email address. Because high bounce rates in email campaigns are typically associated with fraudulent activity, contacts using an email address that result in a bounce message are marked as 'Passive', and those contacts cannot be used in future campaigns until their status is updated to 'Active' in the Contact Details page.
You can proactively reduce your bounce rate by using a double opt-in for new subscribers, sending test messages to suspicious addresses, and using our list cleaning service to vet lists before they are used in campaigns. Use this report to view email addresses that have received a hard bounce and determine appropriate action.
- Search Field: Enter the exact or partial email address, first name, or last name of a contact. Click Search.
- Download as Microsoft Excel: Downloads your report in Microsoft Excel format.
- Email: The email address of a contact.
- First Name: The first name associated with the contact.
- Last Name: The first name associated with the contact.
- Campaign: The identification number of the campaign associated with the email address when the bounce occurred.
- Date: The date the bounce occurred.